Wednesday 11 July 2012

The trouble with titles

I hate trying to come up with a title.  It's so difficult and so many of them are so naff and just painful and it turns me into an enormous whinge ...

My current larger work in progress (wip) was called Oak, Ash and Thorn - a direct quote from Edmund Spencer's 'The Fairy Queen' - which I decided was a bit too geeky and obscure.  I've been trying to find a better title for the last eternity and a half and have finally renamed it.  It is now (drum roll please):

The Splintered Thorn -  a title that amazingly not only has something to do with the story but also sounds sort of interesting.  I think I'm even more relieved than when I finally figured out what's motivating the villain.

This one has been especially frustrating as it's taken a bit over a year to actually find a title that I like.  Perhaps this will get easier as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment