Friday 6 July 2012

Rejection - it's even less fun than I thought

I know that stuff (writing) has to be sent out to actually get published, but I'm not enjoying the rejections. It's not that I wasn't prepared, I was totally expecting rejections but they still suck.

The last few months  I've sent my little fledgling book out to oodles of agents but none have been interested.  Most of the time the rejections are very polite so it's not like I've been horribly insulted, of course as they are politely bland there's no encouragement either.  All in all it's just frustrating, obviously that story wasn't it for that agent but there's no clue as to why.  And no matter how polite the rejection it is still just that ... a rejection and each one knocks your confidence.  


So I need to develop a thicker skin and I'm certainly much better at it at rejection 40+ than I was at rejection number 3 (this was when rejections still sent me into a tailspin of despondency), but I'm still not exactly shrugging each one off.  I'll report back when I'm at rejection 140 ... 




No comments:

Post a Comment