Friday 27 July 2012

Confidence

I wrote about the dreaded writers block a couple of weeks ago.  Everyone gets the block in one way or another at some point, it may only last a few minutes or it might last years.  So there are days when writing  two words together that make sense cannot be done and your head is so empty of inspiration it's like a vacuum.  Those days of eerie emptiness are soul destroying, they make you question what you ever thought about trying to write.

The flip side of that coin is when everything seems inspired.  The days when stories and characters and just cool stuff is coming out of your ears.  Naturally a few days or weeks later you'll discover that 80% of what you were so enthused by is either a mirage or just cringeworthy.  

I'm not feeling this love of all ideas right now but I am missing it.  The crazy confidence that everything in my head is pure gold if only I can unearth it.  Of course that's never really the case and there's a lot of fools gold in there but I just miss the confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment