Monday 17 August 2009

vanish for my varnish?!?

i will start with a GRRRRRRR, and add a little (*^&$BCSUY(£*&. i started varnished my box of firsts, normally i do quite like the varnishing bit as i guess i am a bit weird and like the uniformity of the a nice even coating.

ooooh yea i had the grand idea of using a mini roller. GRAND. except for the fact that the paint i used is not waterproof (curses i am used to oils) and thus upon my first attempt at the rollering - the colour started running!!! PANIC ENSUED, and i managed to save most of the fine lines, and grudgingly had to pick up a brush. the consolation is that the second and third coats will be applicable with roller so all is not lost.

Except that the bloody brush moved the black paint of the football onto the white parts and i nearly had a varnish-induced nervous breakdown (must not craft when ill). it is moments like these that puts me in mind not to craft, and reminds me why i dont do knitting. had i been knitting (though its saving grace is that at least it does NOT require varnishing) i would undoubtedly have stabbed myself in the leg or possibly strangled myself with the yarn.
As it was i put down the brush (curses later for not washing it thus having to discard it) and walked away and the box survive to see another lay (er of varnish).

No comments:

Post a Comment