Friday 7 August 2009

Pretty sparkly

Recently I have seen a lot of very pretty stitch markers - frequently for an exhorbitant price! So I thought I'd make some myself.

You can get stitch markers that are made of plastic and ones that are beaded. The plastic ones that I have seen come in bigger multipacks in primary colours. The beaded ones come in various degrees of pretty.

All you need for this project:
1. some metal rings (I have ones which will fit needles up to 6mm)
2. some beads, not too heavy
3. for the tools I have some jewelry pliers but depending on the sort of beads this is not always necessary.

The finished product on a needle

I am making these in pairs - so similar theme but different colours and shape so that I can see which is the start and finish marker easily. In the past I have just used safety pins and moved them up but even when I use different sizes it can get confusing . . .

Charlotte

1 comment:

  1. i cant really see them on the back ground - can you take closeR ups? excellent idea to make your own

    ReplyDelete