Thursday 21 October 2010

Owl sweater

I have knitted the owl sweater twice. Neither time for myself I might add.

Both times I have made heavy revisions to the pattern as the wool specified was not to hand and of course the people I knit it for had their own ideas about what they wanted it to look like. I have had to deal with requests for extra long arms and extra tiny waists ... at times it felt like I was rewriting the whole pattern, changing increases and decreases to suit the wool and torso's.

Only with all these changes there is one thing I do not know ... is it me or is it the wool or is it the pattern. Both sweaters have come out with a rather alarming bulge at the top. Giving one wearer a somewhat hunchbacked look, I'm not sure what it looks like after washing and am hoping it has improved. So either it is my cackhanded attempts at making revisions to the pattern or I'm misreading something. I won't sing my praises on pattern reading, as most projects involve some unravelling. This leaves me with my revisions, I'm concerned that I have made the same mistake twice with two different types of wool and sizes. So am wondering if I should knit the jumper again, for the 3rd time, but this time sticking to the pattern as closely as possible just to test the theory. On the other hand I'm sort of sick of the owl jumper.

And sewing on buttons for eyes takes forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment