Wednesday 20 October 2010

It is autumn and the time of craft is upon us ...

I have entered a positive frenzy of crafting. I have managed to knit myself a poncho jumper, made a start on a new hat and am putting the final finishing touches on a jumper for a friend.

More importantly there is Julehygge prep! This year I want to make a different sort of decoration and have chosen to make a candy cane inspired Venetian mask. Last weekend I put down a couple of layers of acrylic paint - white on the front and silver on the inside. This weekend I must find a dowling rod or similar for the candy cane stick and some red ribbon. It is shocking but I have run out of red ribbon ... I just don't know what to say it's horrific.

However as I have had a lot of fun with the mask already I am rather tempted to buy another one and create a halloween mask. In silver and black. This is so that I will keep my mitts of the christmas mask and also so that I will have something to practice on ... see lots of very good and rational reasons to go and get some black acrylic paint, maybe some more glitter ...

No comments:

Post a Comment